Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 2 of that Darn Detox!



Well surprisingly I didn't feel too bad upon rising this morning. No tummy pains or bloating.

I had my hot water with lemon drink, which I really like. I simply could NOT face that green juice again so cheated and made my own version. I really like juices and smoothies but am not yet a fan of the green drinks ... blah!

Didn't need to have anything for morning tea so didn't bother. Am drinking water like a sailor gone without ale for a long voyage. If I lose any weight it will be because of the million trips to the loo to pee!

For lunch I had a similar lunch to yesterday but today I added some tomato because I ran out of avocado. Tomato is not good for a detox but it wont kill me.

Had a lovely herbal tea in the arvo, because the afternoon horrors hit me ... it did squat! I have to do something about them. They are shockers, honestly I could bite the arse out of a low flying duck I am so hungry. Is it my mind, is it my sugar level, no idea but I know I can't survive to dinner time unless I start having at 4pm! I ended up taking a handful of nuts. Maybe I should have had a piece of fruit instead, who knows. They suggest eating something else on the list, like a green vomit smoothie, another salad or some of the soup. I cannot stand repetitive foods - am finding it hard enough to eat salads two days in a row!

For dinner I am going to eat a regular meal, I am thinking the detox is not for me. My reaction has been too severe for me to cope with when I still need to function for the kids. If I could have put myself to bed when needed then possibly it would have been OK but trying to cook a meal when I am just about passing out I would not recommend. I am going to try and continue with the brekkie and lunch suggestions though and be more conscious of what I have for dinner.

For dinner we had Mexican. I had wraps with some cooked chicken and salad in them. I have to say that I ate less than I normally would as I was completely stuffed. They were really yummy too and I was tempted but I just couldn't face eating anymore so that's good. Later in the evening I did feel slightly bloated and sore in the belly. Is it the wheat product, or the meat I wonder?

Exercise was also recommended to make you feel better ... they had to be joking, I could barely walk in a straight line. At least this evening I feel as though I could actually do something ... I said feel like, not going to ... it's too hot and am still feeling a bit lazy, less lazy but still lazy!

Had another lemon in hot water before bed am really enjoying those and we have a million lemons on the tree so it's worth using them up. I haven't had a cup of tea in days now. Slightly miss them but not too badly as I only drink one or two a day, mostly when the Man About House offers to make me one. I am a useless tea maker and don't get me started on coffee, it's revolting and if I make you one, I apologise in advance as I am not actually sure how bad they are supposed to taste.

Would I do another detox??? ... well surprisingly yes I would. Next time I will be much more careful though. I will slowly ease into it leading up to the actual week. I think going from a normal western diet (read bad processed stuff!) straight into detoxing was too much for my system to cope with but I am sure I eliminated a pile of yukkies (that's the technical term I believe). Did I mention my skin actually broke out like a teenager with acne! Very sudden and severe around the chin. I am looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow to see if my poor attempt made any difference at all ... that will be interesting!


1 comment:

  1. Wow I like the sound of this detox diet, though it seems tough. Let me go read the previous post to get a hang of it.

    ReplyDelete